Press Releases

All news


Raiffeisenbank’s retail deposits base exceeded USD 1 bln.

Early October 2005 Raiffeisenbanks retail deposits base exceeded USD 1 bln threshold result achieved during 6 years of the Banks activity at the Russian banking retail market. Growth dynamics of the product amounted to 17% based on H1 2005 results (from USD 758 mln as of 2004 year-end up to USD886 mln as of H1 2005). The overwhelming majority of deposits more than 91% was attracted in Moscow-based branches of the Bank. Raiffeisenbank is the 8th largest bank in Russia in terms of private deposits based on H1 2005 results (CEA Interfax).

Growing deposits base is one of the major sources of private loans and in the medium-term perspective the Bank is aiming at reaching the balance between attracted funds and issued loans. At present Raiffeisenbanks deposits base exceeds its private loan portfolio; however, it is important to emphasize that loans to private customers is our priority business in the retail sector and main efforts are concentrated on it, notes Alexandre Kolochenko, Member of the Managing Board, Head of Consumer Banking of Raiffeisenbank.

One of the main reasons of this high confidence of people in depositingmoney with Raiffeisenbank is its high reliability verified by one of themost esteemed agencies; Moodys Investors Service assigned the following ratings to the Bank: Ba1 long-term and NP short-term foreign currency deposit rating. This rating is currently constrained by Russias country ceiling (which is Ba1 as well) and is very likely to mirror any movements in thisceiling. Expected direction of the rating over the medium term is positive, i.e. it is likely to be upgraded in the future.

Alongside with the high reliability Raiffeisenbank offers its clientssuperior customer service quality which is the uppermost priority forthe bank as well.

Raiffeisenbank Austria, ZAO is a universal bank with operations equallyfocused on commercial, retail and investment banking activities. It hasoperated in Russia since 1996 offering a wide range of services tocompanies and private clients. Raiffeisenbank is ranked 10th in terms ofassets among Top Russian banks based on H1 2005 results and 4th in termsof consumer lending (CEA Interfax). The Bank was ranked 3rd in terms ofmortgage lending based on H1 2005 results (RBC.Rating) and 1st in termsof carloans based on 2004 results (

Raiffeisenbank entered the retail banking market in 1999 and currentlydisposes of 13 branches in Moscow. The Bank has also launched theregional branch network expansion. In addition to the operationalregional branches in St. Petersburg, Ekaterinburg and Samara newregional branches are planned for opening in the year 2005 - 2006.

ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria is a subsidiary of Raiffeisen InternationalBank-Holding AG (Raiffeisen International). Raiffeisen International isa fully consolidated subsidiary of Raiffeisen Zentralbank Oesterreich AG(RZB), which owns 70 per cent of the common stock. The remaining 30 percent is free float including the shares of the International FinanceCorporation (IFC) and the European Bank for Reconstruction andDevelopment (EBRD), which own about 3 per cent each of the capitalstock. Raiffeisen International''s shares are traded on the Vienna StockExchange. Raiffeisen International is the steering company for 15subsidiary banks and 14 leasing units with more than 970 outlets inCentral and Eastern Europe (CEE). RZB-Austria is the central institutionof the Austrian Raiffeisen Banking Group, the country''s most powerfulbanking group.


Press enter

Tel.: +7 495 721-36-17


Marketing department


Information center

Tel.: +7 495 721-91-00

In English
+7 495 721-91-00
For Life
For Business
For Life
For Business