Press Releases

All news


New Chairman of the Managing Board of ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria inRussia — Johann Jonach.

As of 1st of January, 2006 Johann Jonach will take over as Chairman ofthe Managing Board of ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria, Russian subsidiary ofRaiffeisen International Bank-Holding AG (Raiffeisen International).

Mr. Jonach has a vast professional experience in banking and is a fluentRussian speaker; he also speaks German, English, Bulgarian and Italian.Mr. Jonach graduated from the University of Economics, Vienna, M B A inInternational Trade. He is married and has two children. Over the past18 years he played a significant role in Raiffeisen Groups successful development in Eastern Europe and worked in many countries of the region.

Mr. Jonach joined Raiffeisen Zentralbank Austria and started working atthe Trade Promotion Department in 1987. From 1990 to 1995 he was ChiefRepresentative for CIS countries and headed Raiffeisen Zentralbanks (RZB) representative office in Moscow. During this time he established RZB as one of the leading correspondent banks for the developing commercial banking system in CIS and got to know the whole area of the former Soviet Union. Afterwards he moved to Poland, where heheaded the Corporate Customer Division of Raiffeisens Polish subsidiary bank.

In 1999 Mr. Jonach became member of the Managing Board of RaiffeisenbankUkraine, where he was responsible for corporate banking.

For the following three years Mr. Jonach worked as Chairman of the Boardof Raiffeisen Bank Bulgaria. Under his leadership, the Bulgarian bankgrew significantly in all spheres of activities. The branch networkincreased to reach 34 offices across the country.

In 2003 Mr. Jonach returned to Ukraine as Deputy Chairman of theManaging Board of Raiffeisenbank Ukraine.

With Johann Jonach Raiffeisenbank in Russia has acquired a highly-professional top-manager with a unique experience in emerging markets. The Russian market is one of the top priority markets for Raiffeisen International. With his unique knowledge of the market and mentality we expect that Raiffeisenbank in Russia will further strengthen its position and continue expanding also in the Russian regions, said Herbert Stepic, CEO of Raiffeisen International.

Mr. Jonach follows Michel P. Perhirin, who headed ZAO RaiffeisenbankAustria from 01.01.1996 to 31.12.2005.

Under Mr. Perhirins leadership Raiffeisenbank has developed into one of the leading and most highly regarded foreign banks in Russia. We are thankful to Mr. Perhirin for his achievements and successful integration of Raiffeisenbank into the Russian business society, commented Herbert Stepic.

ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria has been operating in Russia since 1996 andoffers a full range of services to individual and corporate customers,residents and non-residents, in roubles and in foreign currencies.

Raiffeisenbank is one of the most reliable banks in Russia: Moody`sInterfax Rating Agency assigned the long-term national scale creditrating to Raiffeisenbank Austria at and the short-term rating atRUS-1. Moody`s Investors Service assigned the following ratings to theBank: Baa2 long-term and Prime-2 short-term foreign currency depositratings.

ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria is a subsidiary of Raiffeisen InternationalBank-Holding AG (Raiffeisen International). Raiffeisen International isa fully consolidated subsidiary of Raiffeisen Zentralbank Osterreich AG(RZB), which owns 70 per cent of the common stock. The remaining 30 percent is free float including the shares of the International FinanceCorporation (IFC) and the European Bank for Reconstruction andDevelopment (EBRD). Raiffeisen International''s shares are traded on theVienna Stock Exchange. Raiffeisen International operates the leadingbanking network in CEE with 16 subsidiary banks and leasing companies in16 markets. 9.2 million customers are served via 2,400 business outlets.RZB-Austria is the central institution of the Austrian RaiffeisenBanking Group, the country''s most powerful banking group.


Press enter

Tel.: +7 495 721-36-17


Marketing department


Information center

Tel.: +7 495 721-91-00

In English
+7 495 721-91-00
For Life
For Business
For Life
For Business