Press Releases

All news


Raiffeisenbank has opened the fifth regional branch — in Chelyabinsk.

On the 2nd of March within the regional expansion programme Yuzhny UralBranch of ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria in Chelyabinsk was opened. It isthe fifth regional Branch in succession and first during the new year of2006. In 2005 branches in Ekaterinburg, Samara and Novosibirsk have beensuccessfully launched.

In the course of the official press-conference members of the ManagingBoard of Raiffeisenbank and Yuzhny Ural Branch answered questions raisedby journalists of the leading regional mass media. The redribbon-cutting ceremony took place within Yuzhny Ural Branch premises atKarl Marks street, 38.

“Raiffeisenbank is already successfully cooperating with a number of regional enterprises and intends to further expand cooperation as well as with private customers, offering a full range of corporate financial services.” – Johann Jonach, Chairman of the Managing Board ofRaiffeisenbank, stated during the press-conference. “Chelyabinsk region is one of the most dynamically developing with a constantly growing demand for banking services. We have high expectations from this newly opened branch”.

During the Branch opening day members of the Managing Board ofRaiffeisenbank held several important meetings with representatives ofChelyabinsk regional administration. In the course of the meetings theparties discussed future perspectives of regional banking sector owingto opening of one of the biggest Russian foreign owned bank’s regional branch in Chelyabinsk, and the questions of regional economic development by means of further strengthening of business relations between foreign, especially Austrian, investors and Chelyabinsk based enterprises.

Like every regional branch of Raiffeisenbank, Yuzhny Ural offers thefull range of services to both corporate and individual clients;moreover, the Bank possesses the necessary experience of implementingand adapting banking products to the needs of the Russian companies andhousehold on the regional level. In Chelyabinsk Raiffeisenbank alsooffers services of all Raiffeisen affiliate companies in Russia:Raiffeisen-Leasing, Non-State Pension Fund Raiffeisen, OOO RaiffeisenCapital Asset Management Company.

Raiffeisenbank is ranked 10th in terms of assets among Top Russian banksbased on Q3 2005 results (CEA Interfax). At present the Bank disposes of15 branches in Moscow, 3 branches in Saint Petersburg and branches inEkaterinburg, Samara and Novosibirsk. Among the leading retail banksRaiffeisenbank is the 5th largest bank in Russia in terms of consumerlending and 9th in terms of private deposits based on Q3 2005 results(CEA Interfax). The Bank was ranked 3rd in terms of mortgage lendingbased on 2005 results (RBC.Rating) and 1st among the largest Russianbanks in terms of car loans based on 2004 results (

ZAO Raiffeisenbank Austria is a subsidiary of Raiffeisen InternationalBank-Holding AG (Raiffeisen International)– which is the steering company for 16 subsidiary banks and leasing units in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), 9.2 million customers are served via 2,400 business outlets.Raiffeisen International is a fully consolidated subsidiary of Raiffeisen Zentralbank Austria AG (RZB), which owns 70 per cent of the common stock. The remaining 30 per cent is free float, the shares are traded on the Vienna Stock Exchange. RZB is the central institution of the Austrian Raiffeisen Banking Group, the leading corporate and investment bank in Austria andin Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).


Press Сenter

Tel.: +7 495 721-36-17


Marketing department


Information center

Tel.: +7 495 721-91-00

In English
+7 495 721-91-00
For Life
For Business
For Life
For Business